eBay is a great way to earn money for sell stuff online. Once you get your eBay profile set up, you can start selling in no time.eBay is a great way to make some extra cash from the comfort of your own home.
Once you’ve signed up for an eBay account, here’s how to start selling:
- Select Sell at the top of any eBay page or go to Sell your item – opens in new window or tab.
- Create a listing for the item you’d like to sell.
- Confirm your details and add an automatic payment method for any eBay fees.
- verify your identity to keep your account secure.
- providing a credit card or telephone number.
- Get guides on creating effective listings, setting up your shipping options
- how to get paid after you’ve sold your item.
- Creating a listing is the first step in getting your item in front of buyers and your listings stand out.
- Decide on a good account name on ebay
- Pricing your items at the right price will help them sell. in auction-style or Buy It Now listings.
- you’ll need to add a payment method to pay for any eBay selling fees, eBay Money Back Guarantee reimbursements, subscriptions and n choose PayPal, direct debit, or credit card as your payment method.
- Setting up your shipping delivery options that you can offer your buyers.
- Getting paid for items you’ve sold on eBay.
- Start bids low to catch bargain-hunter eyes
- Manage returns, missing items, and refunds on ebay and handle any issues that a buyer may have with a purchase.
- We’re committed to providing a secure and ebay marketplace .our expectations of buyers and sellers. You’ll also find information on the actions we’ll take to keep you safe.
- Build your reputation by buying a few small items
#Build a profile and need to create a profile on ebay to enter a username, a picture and a biography is optional. Many ebay buyers are reluctant to buy from someone who doesn’t have a rating on their profile, which comes from both buying and selling to buy a few small items and get feedback from the buyer before you start selling. This will significantly improve your chances of selling something.
build up your eBay profile
- you’re now allowed to list 1,000 per month free of charge after which you’ll be charged 35p ‘insertion fee’ per item
- There are also charges for added extras like listing in two categories or having more than one photo per listing
- 10% of the first £2,500 of the total transaction also goes to eBay
- If the sale is made through PayPal, they also charge 20p per transaction and will take an additional percentage based on how much you receive into your PayPal account each month
- Depending on how much you sell on eBay, you might need to pay tax.
#Do your research on products and create a new listing of select niche products
#Avoid listing fees :Ebay lets you list 20 items for sale with no charge, any more than this and you will be charged a fee for each item you put up for sale. Listings fees are different to the fees charged when you successfully sell an item. To see how many free listings you have left, log into ebay and from the top right-hand corner select ‘selling’ from the section marked My ebay – scroll to the bottom to see your free listings and any ebay promotions, such as free listing days.
#Pick the right time sell on ebay:an auction on ebay can select this option to give your items the best possible chance of selling. According to ebay, the most popular time on the site is Sunday evening, so make sure your listing finishes then. Avoid times when most people will be busy, such as weekday mornings, or during big events like football matches or TV finales.
#Picture perfect from buyers if you illustrate your listing with pictures. Ebay lets you list up to 12 at no extra charge, so get snapping.
#Set your price on items on eBay to Auctions are the most popular way of selling and you can also set a reserve price, eBay will take 10% of the final price the item sells for including any postage fee you charge the buyer. Also look for Pay no more than £1 when you sell promotions. The offer only applies to a maximum of 100 listings, and only if the item is being listed for the first time.
Finding Things (Inventory) to Sell 300,000 items from paper clips to automobiles. You already have plenty to sell without having to buy anything. Start going through your home room-by-room and looking up items on completed listings.
- Lids from pots and pans
- Empty perfume bottles (people collect them or use them for home decor)
- Any kind of craft supply (sewing, Perler beads, scrapbooking)
- Broken jewelery and watches (people buy them for parts)
- Pantyhose (used for crafts, gardening, computer fan covers)
- Unopened cosmetics, razors, batteries
- Anything new in the package
- Empty printer cartridges
- School supplies
Every member of eBay has a feedback score based on their trading experience. The number is a combination or both buying and selling transactions. Improve Your Feedback Score trusted and authentic you appear as a community membe to get sales with a low feedback score.Twenty feedbacks is a good solid number to have before trying to sell anything.
eBay places selling limits on all sellers, but they are more strict for new sellers. eBay wants sellers to establish a positive selling history, and it places certain limits to prevent some level of fraud. New sellers have account limits, category limits, and item limits
- Would this sell for less than the postage and packaging costs
- Does it look like the dog’s gotten hold of it?
- Would I have to tell any white lies about the condition of this item in order to sell it?
- Is anything missing that the buyer would need in order to enjoy use the item?
use the ‘Marketplace Research’ tool on eBay to find out what the hottest items are at that time, check out what the most watched items and have the most bids on them.
.Use the eBay advanced search tool to discover how much similar items have been selling for lately. Just search for whatever it is you want to sell and tick the ‘completed listings’ box to see heaps of similar items and get a better idea of what to charge.
Promote PayPal for payments
Paypal charge 20p per transaction and a percentage of your total sale,paypal is safest and most preferred payment method in the eBay world.
Once your sale has gone to send a confirmation email to your buyer as soon as possible and invoice them for the full amount, including the postage charge.
You should then send them another email once you’ve received their payment and when you’ve dispatched the item. We know, this sounds like a lot of emailing but buyers appreciate being kept in the loop, and report you.
Send every item you sell by recorded delivery or at least get proof of postage. there are eBay buyer scammers out there who cause trouble by telling eBay that items haven’t been received, even when they actually have been delivered.
avoid getting scammed is to stay away from high-risk items.
- iPhones and smartphones
- Designer handbags
- High-end designer clothing and shoes
- Anything with multiple parts or components that could be removed and the item returned
- Autographed items without COA
- Event tickets
- Commonly counterfeited items including designer handbags, designer sunglasses, expensive designer jeans, Nike shoes, Ugg boots, Otter Boxes, high-end cosmetics
Get the Right Supplies listing tools, photography equipment, photo editing apps, and research tools. All you really need is:
- 2 pieces of plain white poster board to make a solid background for photos
- A scale to weigh items when listing and when shipping
- Shipping supplies
Choose the Right Listing Type and you start your auctions at an acceptable price even if you only get one bid. Fixed price listings may take longer to sell, but you can often get a higher price if you wait for the right buyer.
Calculated free shipping is really the fairest way for the buyer and the most accurate way for both buyer and seller. eBay charges fees on both the sale price and the shipping cost, so you won’t save any money on fees by offering free shipping.
Offer a Fair Return Policy but under the eBay Guarantee, all sellers have one whether they like it or not. eBay wants buyers to feel confident purchasing on the site, so they guarantee that if an item isn’t as described or doesn’t arrive, the buyer will get a refund.
eBay rewards sellers who offer a 30-day or longer return policy by giving them a boost in search results. So if you have a 30-day return policy, you will automatically place higher in search than a seller
- Be the first to know about our kavithaseoexpert.com:Digital entrepreneur,Digital marketing blog,usa news,jobs search usa,make money online,Top 10 blog sites 2019,Youtube Channels,online Business ,free online courses,google adsense ,Data scientist,technology news,bitcoin blogs,finance news,Google Adwords Blogs,social media marketing,affilate marketing,Search Engine Optimization (SEO),ppc-Pay-Per-Click Advertising,Content Marketing.follow us on instagram, or subscribe to our weekly newsletter. also get some free SE0 consultant in usa by speaking with me over the phone or Skype @ kavithaseoexpert.